Monday 12 October 2009

college mag, target audience, comparing etc...

Looking at this college magazine, I have found aspects which I could use in my college magazine. I have researched many college magazines and most of them I have looked at, do not display a price, therefore, I don't think I will have one on my magazine, plus the fact that it is for students and they are not likely to pay for them. I have acknowledged that my college magazine will be for students, studying at college. the font on this is big and bold with colour. I find this very eye catching and is a good idea. This image is the main feature as it is very large and noticable and the red in her top matches the red masthead, this has been deliberately. Tere isn't a main cover line, I feel that this is a disadvantage because the images does not relate to any cover line on the front of the magazine.
Looking at this magazine and then looking at the NME magazine I deconstructed, I have found that a college magazine is to inform and educate. Whereas a music magazine, such as NME is more to entertain and more informal. A college magazine would be more of a 'handout', something that wouldn't really be essential compared to the NME magazine which would be bought out of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment