Thursday 22 October 2009

Evaluation

College magazine evaluation

In this task, I created a college magazine. I have taken into account the target audience, I have done researching into similar products, shown organisation of models, props, locations and costumes. I have created drafts and a mood board and used digital technology in my presentation.
I have used many conventions of a real magazine, such as the barcode, masthead, cover lines, a selling line. After researching and finding out about these conventions, I was able to use them correctly and make my magazine look professional and effective. I researched music magazines and college magazines and compared them. By this I found out the components to the magazines and what I had to put into mine.
First of all, I created a blog to present all of my work in. Everything that I created (drafts, mood board, ideas etc) all went into my blog. I had many ideas for my name of the college magazine and many ideas for coverlines, so I was alright in choosing them to put onto my front cover.
The strengths of my college magazine front cover is that it would be noticeable to anyone. The fonts and images look effective. I put a glow on my main image to make it stand out and look different. The weaknesses about my magazine cover and that I would have changed is the background, I could have made it relevant to the main image.
The feedback I got from an audience is that it looked professional and that they would definitely buy it. My target audience would obviously be college students, hence the name and the look of my magazine front cover. I have learnt that the components I have used are the ones used by real magazines and looks professional.
Looking at the front cover of my college magazine and looking at the NME magazine that I deconstructed, both the magazines have similar components, like the barcode, selling lines, cover lines and images, but in a different type of genre. The NME magazine is clearly a music magazine looking at the images and the coverlines, compared to my college magazine, the components of mine clearly show that it is a college magazine.
Altogether I used many media technologies in my college magazine construction and the research. This is shown in my drafts and ideas for my magazine front cover and contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment